Two unique features of HyperGraphDB:
- Higher-order, n-ary relations are unique to HyperGraphDB
- Open-architecture: there’s a very strong “frameworky” aspect to HyperGraphDB, it’s not a black box with fixed, restrictive data-model. The storage layout is open and documented. One can plugin customized indexing, customized type handling, customized back-end storage, customized distribution algorithms etc.
- Links/edges "point to" an arbitrary number of elements instead of just two as in regular graphs.
- Links can be pointed to by other links as well.
- Powerful data modeling and knowledge representation.
- Graph-oriented storage.
- N-ary, higher order relationships (edges) between graph nodes.
- Graph traversals and relational-style queries.
- Customizable indexing.
- Customizable storage management.
- Extensible, dynamic DB schema through custom typing.
- Out of the box Java OO database.
- Fully transactional and multi-threaded, MVCC/STM.
- P2P framework for data distribution.
- Home: http://www.hypergraphdb.org/
- Downloads: http://www.hypergraphdb.org/downloads
- API Doc: http://www.hypergraphdb.org/docs/javadoc/index.html
- Q&A (Faqs): http://www.hypergraphdb.org/learn?project=hypergraphdb&page=QuestionsAndAnswers